Hiring Organization / Company: Amazon Data Srvcs Ireland Ltd
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
- Previous experience working on IT equipment (racking & stacking gear, cable management, building computers, troubleshooting PC/Desktops/Laptops)
- Intermediate knowledge of computer hardware systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, displaying excellent time management skills.
- Ability to take direction from both a directed work system and/or a team lead.
- Able to lift/move up to 20kg equipment on a daily basis.
Amazon Data Centers takes customer data with the utmost importance, and selected candidates must be able to perform repetitive tasks without variance and adhere to strict Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that ensures customer data is protected and properly handled.
This Entry Level position requires candidates to be a self-starter, highly motivated individual who can adhere to strict processes and be able to perform repetitive tasks with no deviation and demonstrate continuously consistent results. Team Members will be working in a team environment not only with other members of the team but also from other teams and must be able to communicate and promote cross-team functionality.
The position is full time and the ideal candidate is someone with hands-on hardware experience. Qualified candidates do not require intimate details of software operations or networking protocols.
- Manage work and priorities through ticketing system and/or workflows.
- Adhere to security and safety best practices in the data center
- Participate in team meetings for metric analysis and daily/weekly goals achievement
- Moving/lifting packages usually no greater than 20 kg.
- Basic Networking removal/installation and clearing of configurations.
- Unpacking/repacking fragile electronics
- Perform duties constantly and without deviations unless otherwise instructed
- Performing work at Physical layer and Application layer
- Updating progress through a web ticketing system
- Reporting of processes and regular status updates
- Familiarity with basic PC components/hardware
- Work with cross-functional teams on a regular basis to complete routine work
- Contribute to the development of other team members
- Escalating to senior technicians and management as needed/require.
- Basic knowledge of Cisco switch configuration is an advantage.
- Basic knowledge of networking is an advantage.
- Experience with one of the following connection protocols/technologies: SSH, TELNET, IPMI, LILO
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills, ability to prioritize tasks based on fluctuating needs.
Job Location Information:
Location: Dublin, County Dublin
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about looking for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs this present day. In most cases, you are going to have no clue where or what to search for within the job market. The good thing is that you’re not on your own. There are several people available in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a business center can be simple if the place to start out. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed here are pointers that will help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an incredible and often overpassed hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms repeatedly provide vital coaching, assets, and methods for job seekers. Those firms will also be specifically helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little running revel in. A simple Internet scan for job firms in your areamust uncover where and how you can get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations make a choice to have their positions dispatched through temporal companies. The end goal for that may be to economize on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise supply firms the best way of screening applicants. Employment products and services can regularly be a quicker and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise become into an enduring task for the people who perform smartly all the way through their working.
3. Free job look products and services
This can be a waste of cash while money is now tight within the first place. In fact, the cash you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to use the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.