Hiring Organization / Company: Mastercard
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
We are looking for talented architects with experience in designing Java software for distributed, highly available systems, where system performance is critical.
The Solution Architect will be responsible for creating technical solutions and leading initiatives for our business. You will provide technical leadership and expertise to bring together all of our technology assets to create new and innovative products to build our capabilities and our products. These could be new capabilities for our gateway product. The scope for the Architect will be broad, and may include infrastructure, software architecture and security domain engineering as well designing high-level end-to-end solutions. You will partner with other architects, developers, and analysts, as well as other teams across Mastercard to create new capabilities
The Lead Software Architect supports the design and development of enhancements and capabilities on our payment platforms. This role operates as part of the global MPGS Solution Architecture and Engineering team to drive the strategic technical roadmap for Payment Gateway Services' platforms. The Lead Software Architect is involved at every step of the Development Lifecycle, from requirements analysis and technical design to working with the teams to develop and deliver capabilities.
Key themes: Visible Leadership, Technical Depth, and Proactivity
- Design secure, reliable, and scalable solutions for globally distributed payment systems
- Identify, plan and drive the enablers / Non Functional requirements for the systems
- Support development teams and work with stakeholders using the Scaled Agile Framework
- Create a culture of technical excellence and ceaseless improvement
- Act as a spokesperson for technical designs and future directions of the platform
- Research, create and evaluate technical solution alternatives for the business needs using current and upcoming technologies and frameworks
- Cloud and DevOps Architecture, especially via Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Tools - Eclipse or IntelliJ, Sonar, GIT, Maven, SQL Developer, Jenkins, CI/CD, Gatling
All About You
The ideal candidate has an enthusiasm for finding elegant solutions to complex problems and identifying process improvements to increase efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- Thorough knowledge and experience applying software engineering concepts and methodologies
- A high degree of initiative and self-motivation with a willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities
- Experience designing, developing, and deploying Java webservices using a mix of relational and non-relational persistence
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate complicated subjects to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with the payments industry and payment processing
- Experience designing for standard and regulatory compliance (e.g., PCI-DSS, GDPR, etc.)
- Familiarity with agile development practices, in particular Scaled Agile Framework
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact [email protected] and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Job Location Information:
Location: Dublin, County Dublin
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately looking for Jobs, you will agree that it is among the hardest jobs these days. Most often, you’re going to haven’t any clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The good factor is that you’re not alone. There are several people in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a business center can be simple if you recognize the place to begin. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed below are guidelines to help you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an incredible and often overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms often provide crucial coaching, belongings, and methods for activity seekers. These companies can also be specifically helpful for young job seekers or those with little running revel in. A easy Internet experiment for job firms for your areaought to uncover the place and the way to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies make a selection to have their positions dispatched through temporal companies. The top purpose for that may be to save money on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise supply corporations the way of screening applicants. Employment services can often be a quicker and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise change into into a long lasting task for the individuals who carry out well all through their operating.
3. Free job look services and products
This can be a waste of cash while cash is now tight within the first place. In fact, the cash you pay for job searching sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.