Hiring Organization / Company: Ibm
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Automation Platform for Digital Business is an integrated platform that offers capabilities to digitize business operations. The platform provides products in core areas where automation and artificial intelligence provides benefits: Robotic Process Automation, content, workflow, and decisions. IBM Digital Business Automation offers design, build, run, and automation services to rapidly scale programs and fully execute and operationalize an automation strategy.
This role specializes in performing and enabling technical support for IBM Digital Business Automation. Successful candidates will provide technical support assistance to customers using problem determination / problem source identification skills. They will utilize technical and negotiation skills in collaboration with development and other support organizations. This includes recommending and implementing improvements to existing technical support tools, procedures, and processes, contributing to department goals and attaining organizational objectives through high customer satisfaction.
Digital Business Automation is a critical component in the middleware stack and plays a key role in IBM's Automation strategy. As a Customer Support Engineer, you will participate in the worldwide remote technical support team for our Workflow and Decisions products. You will be part of an international team and organization that is distributed around the globe. You will act as a global team member contributing to a seamless 24x7 "follow-the-sun" support for IBM's customers. You will be working with customers around the world.
You will go beyond the industry standard technical support practices and will become an expert of the product, with a strong knowledge of the product internal components as well as how the solution is utilized by customers. Your top priority is always going to be customer success and customer satisfaction, by answering their technical questions and resolving their product related issues you will contribute to their success.
This is going to be an excellent opportunity for you to work with the latest technologies and to grow your skills in one of IBM's strategic imperatives and IBM’s Cloud Paks. You will be challenged to never stop learning, as we want you to grow for our customers, our company and last but not least for your own career.
The Digital Business Automation Technical Support engineer:
- Provides technical support assistance to customers using problem determination/problem source identification skills.
- Utilizes technical and negotiation skills in collaboration with other support operations/organizations to prioritize and diagnose problems to resolution.
- Communicates action plans to the customer or IBM representative as appropriate.
- Recommends and implements new or improvements to existing technical support tools, procedures, and processes.
- May provide training for and mentor others on the team.
- Contributes to department attainment of organizational objectives and high customer satisfaction.
- Documents problem solutions within the company knowledge base.
- Writes and provides the customer with samples of test code.
- Manages requests’ priorities on a daily basis.
- Provide technical support assistance to customers using problem determination/problem source identification skills.
- Communicate action plans to the customer or IBM representative as appropriate.
- Work closely with clients as leading resolver to assist and expedite problem resolution during product implementation by providing remote troubleshooting and guidance.
- Review diagnostic information to assist in isolation of a problem cause (which includes interpreting traces).
- Provide technical support within established guidelines; demonstrating soft skills and technical skills that contribute to client satisfaction.
- Partner with other support teams and service units to provide seamless problem resolution that lead to delightful client perceptions, utilizing technical and negotiation skills.
- Recommend and implement new or improvements to existing technical support tools, procedures and processes.
- Contribute to department attainment of organizational objectives and high customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the products supported by maintaining applicable technical certifications.
- May provide training for and mentorship for others on the team.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree
- Basic knowledge in Operating system administration (Windows, Linux)
- Basic knowledge in database administration (DB2, Oracle, MS SQL)
- Basic knowledge of LDAP
- Basic knowledge of network technologies (routing, firewalls, port forwarding)
- Basic knowledge of process/data mining
- Basic knowledge of Apache Flink and Kafka
- Basic knowledge of Elastic Search
- Basic knowledge in Kibana
- Basic knowledge of Containerization and Kubernetes
- English: Fluent in speaking and writing
- Analytical thinking, structured problem-solving techniques
- Basic knowledge of IBM's Digital Business Automation Product Family
- Strong positive customer service attitude with sensitivity to client satisfaction.
- Must be a self-starter, quick learner, and enjoy working in a challenging, fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, including problem recreation, analyzing logs and traces, debugging complex issues to determine a course of action and recommend solutions.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Master's Degree in Information Technology
- At least 2 years experience in Technical Support
- At least 1 year experience in Operating system administration (Windows, Linux)
- At least 1 year experience in database administration (DB2, Oracle, MS SQL)
- At least 1 year experience in products of IBM's Digital Business Automation Product Family
- At least 1 year experience in Process/Data Mining
- At least 1 year experience in Containerization
- At least 1 year experience in Apache Flink and Kafka
- At least 1 year experience in Kubernetes
- At least 1 year experience in Kibana
- At least 1 year experience in Elastic Search
- At least 6 months experience in development (including related technologies, e.g.: XML, EJB, JSP and Web services)
- Fluent in speaking and writing in English and additional language(s)
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job Location Information:
Location: Dublin, County Dublin
Date Posted: 2021-06-10
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about on the lookout for Jobs, you’ll agree that it is one of the hardest jobs nowadays. Generally, you are going to haven’t any clue where or what to look for within the job market. The good factor is that you’re not by yourself. There are a couple of other people in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center may also be simple if you realize the place to start out. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed here are guidelines to help you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an out of this world and frequently lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms regularly provide essential training, belongings, and programs for task seekers. These corporations will also be specifically useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little operating revel in. A simple Internet test for job firms for your areaought to discover where and the best way to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations choose to have their positions dispatched by temporal agencies. The end purpose for that may be to save money on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise provide companies the best way of screening applicants. Employment products and services can repeatedly be a faster and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise change into into an enduring task for the individuals who perform neatly right through their running.
3. Free job look services and products
This can be a waste of cash whilst cash is now tight within the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the cash to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.