Hiring Organization / Company: Version 1
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Due to continued success and growth, we are expanding our delivery team and are now looking for a Product Owner. As the Product Owner you will be responsible for setting direction in the delivery and development team and the wider organisation. You will work closely with teams using Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery, DevOps and other advanced technical backgrounds providing them with leadership and direction, ensuring readiness of all aspects of software releases in line with the SDLC process and against our internal standards.
- You will participate in the daily scrums, sprint planning meetings and sprint reviews and retrospectives. You will ensure the next sprint is ready to commence. You will inspect the product’s progress at the end of every sprint and have complete authority to accept or reject work done.
- You will work with the Product Manager to evolve the Product Backlog through the full cycle including sales and implementation.
- You will have the ability to connect all stakeholders, possibly in different locations, to create and fully form product features.
- You will initiate and translate product road map into manageable product backlog for Scrum teams
- Liaise with Product Manager to understand the features and changes in product requirements and support the release planning and sprint planning exercises
- Push the Product Manager and pull the team to maintain continuous velocity stream, ensure quality, eliminate escaped defects, and motivate team
- Be able to connect with clients in the definition and creation of Product features.
- Distil inputs from a variety of user representatives / stakeholders to create a complete picture of the market problems to be solved by the proposed software.
- Challenge stakeholders to ensure that an understanding is achieved that is coherent, complete, credible, sufficiently concrete to facilitate the development of software, and that the principles underlying the domain are identified and described.
- Define in detail the capabilities required by the product as visible to buyers and users of the AdminSuite. Use wireframes, domain models and other artefacts as vehicles for further developing the system requirement, soliciting feedback from market participants, customers and other stakeholders.
- Create artefacts to reflect and communicate their discoveries and proposals in a manner that ensures high quality, and highly efficient knowledge transfer occurs, facilitating informed collaboration amongst the stakeholders from both the customer / market and the engineering perspectives.
- Define software capabilities to meet the understood requirements including usability, utilising artefacts that provide engineering with sufficient guidance to ensure progress. Expert knowledge of the existing capabilities of the suite and planning for its future evolution must inform this.
- Own the acceptance of delivered software meeting capabilities as envisioned.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Product Owner in a related discipline with a software product vendor
- Absence management / insurance / financial services domain experience an advantage.
- Good process analysis and mapping skills, comfort with complex business domain modelling.
- Expert at uncovering and solving market problems. Strong business analysis skills. The ability to provide an accurate assessment of a feature’s business value.
- Ability to envisage software features that solve market problems and that can be implemented at feasible levels of cost and risk.
- An understanding of how technology can be leveraged for business benefit. The ability to quickly assess the technical feasibility / relative cost of solution options.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment and working knowledge of Agile methodologies e.g. Kanban, Scrum, SAFe an advantage.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private healthcare cover, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Job Location Information:
Location: Dublin, County Dublin
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately looking for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is likely one of the toughest jobs this present day. Generally, you will have no clue where or what to look for within the job market. The great thing is that you are not on your own. There are several other folks in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a commercial center can also be simple if you understand where to start. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed below are guidelines that can assist you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job companies are an unbelievable and recurrently overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms usually supply critical training, property, and systems for task seekers. Those companies can be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or those with little working experience. A easy Web experiment for job firms to your areashould discover the place and find out how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies choose to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal agencies. The tip purpose for that may be to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise supply firms the way in which of screening applicants. Employment services and products can often be a quicker and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise transform into an enduring task for the people who perform neatly all through their working.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of cash whilst money is now tight within the first place. Of course, the cash you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.